Sunday, February 13, 2022

After almost 4 years... Hello... I'm back!

Thanks for the recent discussion on crafting KPIs for the strategic objective related to staff professional development. We spoke about the possibility of setting up some form of structure to kickstart/ support teachers to document their learning and reflection. 

eDocumentation was something we piloted implementation last year... while purpose was absolute clear to us, to help students cultivate the habit of reflecting their learning experiences and how they could work on it to improve themselves, not just the subject matter, but their metacognition development. Looking back, it did not occur to me that I had long forgotten how I had benefited from this in the past.... Quite shamefully... I lost the habit that had helped me to grow over these years (though I might not have noticed how much I gained when I was working on it). 

It was lost in the busyness of many many things... probably busyness was the best default excuse. 

As I dug out this blog to show the team that this (i.e.blogging) could be one of the many formats that one could choose to document their learning, I now recalled how much I lost in the past 4 years. 

I have not stopped learning. I have not stopped reflecting my practices (of course, sometimes it was part of the PD sessions)... but I had forgotten to include it in a very intended way as part of my personal growth. 

Something that I should pick up again... and I hope to sustain this effort... 

No comments: