The topic our group presented is on the Evolution of Identity of Singapore Women.
More shall appear in the Course Blog.
Some resources (media) that we used - series of songs identifed during the session are as followed. Indeed, it brings out the distinguishing difference (and progress) across the eras:
- Superwoman (1988) by Karyn White: Lyrics.
- Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison: Lyrics.
- I am Woman by Helen Reddy: Lyrics.
MP3 files of these sounds can be found at http://beemp3.com/
Mom's Song by Anita Renfroe
Dadsense by Anita Renfroe
- Socyberty. (5 April 2009).The Changing Role of Women in Society. Retrieved from http://socyberty.com/issues/the-changing-role-of-women-in-society/#ixzz12WWyjg1L
- Marcia Reynolds. (27 June 2010). The Emerging Identity of Women. Retrieved from http://www.notjustthekitchen.com/money-finance/the-emerging-identity-of-women/
- Jean Lee S.K. Kathleen Campbell & Audrey Chia. (1999). The 3 Paradoxes: Working Women in Singapore. Retrieved from http://www.postcolonialweb.org/singapore/gender/3paradoxes.html
- EDB Singapore. (2 July 2009). The 1960s Singapore Economic Development Board. Retrieved from http://www.sedb.com/edb/sg/en_uk/index/about_edb/our_history/the_1960s.html
- The Development of Education in Singapore since 1965
Background paper prepared for the Asia Education Study Tour for African Policy Makers, June 18 – 30, 2006
- Singapore’s female entrepreneurs – are they different? Int. J. Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Vol. 5, Nos. 3/4, 2008