A good reminder of how we should channel our energy to our work done... without bringing about damage to ourselves (that's what I think the advice given are intended for).
The starting paragraph says something that really worth our time to put in some thoughts:
"As a manager, you need to determine what problems exist with your people and whether they warrant your time and energy." I think the second part of the statement is something we pay little attention to we deal with problems...
Several useful questions that worth to think about:
- Does a problem exist?
- What kind of problem it is?
- Whose problem it is? and
- What actions should you take?
4 pieces of good advice followed:
- Think, don't react
- Can you do anything about it?
- Is it worth anything about it?
- You can't make people what they are not