Sunday, November 30, 2014

Audiences behaving badly... at concerts and theatre shows

The Straits Times (Saturday, 29 November 2014)
Click HERE to view article in the Straits Times website

I like going to theatres to watch performances, especially those from the broadway - hence, I'm pretty familiar with places like the Esplanade, Marine Bay Sands Theatres and the Resort World Sentosa (RWS) Theatre.

The first time I could not believe my eyes was what I saw at the RWS Theatre after a show. In fact, the feeling was quite different when my 'neighbours' scrolled in with popcorns, sandwiches in their hands! I could not believe that patrons are allowed to bring food items in! What's more appalling was at the end of the show, litters were all over the place (on the floor)!!!

Is this the behaviour of the supposedly more cultured theatre-goers? I wonder?
Similarly, late-comers took their time to walked in blocking other audiences. Haiz...
How do we go about cultivating the appropriate social behaviours in the theatre?
Perhaps this could be another area to be included as part of Gracious Singapore Movement?



No comments: