Click HERE to read what's Hobson's choice
He reiterated that, for survival, there is no choice but to face the fierce global competition - and he stressed that Arts & Culture cultivates that kind of passion desired in the new environment.
How it works...
Arts & Culture > Imagination > Passion > Can do > Innovation > Economics
He reminded all that... Look Not at others' Weaknesses but Strengths
Innovation = Science & Technology + Design & Art
- Education as Catalyst: Not only aim high, but be aware of the weak segment
- Character: Inner strength, mental stamina, will power
- Competency: Employment readiness, intellectual depth
- Creativity: Curious, Critical; Imaginative, passionate
Creative Education Approach
- Maths: Logical Thinking
- Humanities: Expands minds and experiences
- Art: Creativity & imagination
- Sports: Competitiveness & team spirit
While we can buy technology, arts & culture needs to be home grown (which has to be uniquely Singapore - that's our identity).